A Gift Stitched, Hammered, Woven
1. A Gift Stitched
Zane has needed a new winter coat all winter. The sleeves on his current one are too short and it has a hole in it. I've been looking for a new one, but either the ones I find are too expensive or the ones that aren't don't have any left in his size.
But good things come to those who wait.
Last night a friend/cousin blessed Zane with a "new" coat. What could be a better than a hand-me-down coat from him favorite teenager?
A gift indeed.
2. A Gift Hammered
There are lots of things that have been hammered in my house. Some on purpose. Some not.
Just the other day Ty took a hammer to the piano bench. It was a toy hammer, but still did some damage.
He's a strong kid.
But for my real gift hammered {I'm not even sure if he used a hammer on it.}
My dad made Anna a nightstand for her birthday. She's been asking for one for almost a year now. I suppose it makes her feel all grown up?
Well she got one. My dad made it and my mama painted it.
Even if no one used a hammer, it's still a gift.
3. A Gift Woven
13 years ago when Tony and I got married, my Great Aunt gave us this afghan that she made for us. At the time it didn't match anything in our home. We kept it around and I'm so glad we did. Because now it matches my living room perfectly.
How do you start THAT conversation?
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment